Do You need to connect Jira and Business Central to manage customer billable projects?
Here’s a solution that will connect both of these great softwares and enables easy way to track all the tasks in Jira and bill customers using Business Central. Connecting Jira and Business Central allows you to get benefit of two of the bery best of line of business applications and use them together. Connecting Jira and Business Central is useful for companies that need to track customer projects and track time against the projects and use that tracked time to bill customers.
Jira Jira is one of the most used industry standard agile project management software out there. Jira can be used to create and track issues and work together with customers to deliver solutions.
Business Central is cloud native ERP solution that will enable you to bill your customers and manage the whole back office operation of the business.
Business Central will add to Jiras capabilities:
- Use price list for the same resource on different customer projects
- Issue Sales Invoices to customers
- Full accounting functionality
- Approval workflows
- Many more functionalities of what you would expect from an ERP solution
The apps features are the following:
- Sync project and issues from Jira to Business Central Jobs and Jobs Tasks
- Sync Jira people as resources in Business Central
- Sync Jira Time Entries into BC
The workflow would be the following:
- Issues are created in Jira and time is logged against the issues
- All the issues are available in BC and you can see how much time has been logged against each issue
- In the end of the month you can post the logged time via the Job Journal against a Job as billable entry
- Then you can create a Sales Invoice for a customer where each line is aggregated Resource and Job Task combination and the hours each resource worked on this Job Task
How the app works technically?
The app works has two main functionalities:
- Using the Jiras webhooks to keep Business Central in sync almost in real time. Meaning each time a issue is created in Jira or a time is logged against issue it will end up in Business Central
- Full sync all issues and time entries to Business Central.Since webhooks can fail or Business Central can be down or app being installed then the full sync will sync all the Jira projects, issues and time entries into Business Central.
Under the hood the app is using Azure Functions and Azure Storage Queues to enable all the functionality described above.
How to start using the Business Central and Jira Sync?
Currently the app is not yet published to Appsource so in order to use it you can contact us firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get in touch of how to set it up.